Power System Automation Services
Eaton’s automation experts have completed hundreds of power distribution automation projects and can apply the knowledge we've gained to develop the right strategy for your project.
Hundreds of power distribution automation projects in various industries and geographies prove that Eaton leads the way in delivering highly integrated solutions in power management.
Your business depends on a continuous supply of power. Small power disturbances, whether related to your operation or not, can have a huge impact on your business.
Eaton's vendor-independent automation and control solutions for protection of mission-critical power include:
- Auto-source transfer
- Protective devices integration
- Load shedding
Our understanding of your business is key to providing you with the optimal system architecture. We supply the complete solution, from architecture to life cycle support, and take full responsibility for:
- Concept engineering
- Hardware engineering
- Software engineering
- Production and sourcing
- Installation and configuration
- Start-up and commissioning
- Hardware and software support
- Guaranteed response service
Throughout the years Eaton has delivered many solutions for automation and control of industrial grids at all voltage levels, integrating generators, uninterruptable power supplies, transfer switches, distribution switchgear, motor control centers, and power factor correction equipment.
Most of the projects include one or more Human Machine Interfaces and upward integration to the plant SCADA or BMS systems.
Every single project meets specific customer requirements, including the following functions:
- generation control
- load management
- load shedding
- motor management
- alarm and event functions
- accurate data collection
- graphical user interfaces
- SCADA BMS integration
Power system integration solutions built by Eaton’s automation engineers offer many benefits to industrial power system users:
- Efficient utilization of power distribution equipment
- Optimization of energy supply and reduction of losses
- Trending and benchmarking
- Remote access to status and data through centralized automation systems reduce the need for physical contact with power distribution equipment, reducing potential safety risks, and freeing maintenance personnel to other duties.
- Time-stamped alarms and sequence-of-events logs help you to identify potential problems and quickly aid the speed of system restoration following a disturbance.
- Redundant automatic configurations improve the reliability of your system.
- Regardless of whether you need new functionalities or new devices, today's open protocols and converters enable our experts to integrate and expand existing systems of various brands.
Eaton’s vendor-independent power management and solutions maximize power system uptime, optimize the utilization of power distribution equipment and help to identify and prevent problems before you experience an outage.
While the systems remain in control of delivering power to your processes, you enjoy a total system status overview throughout graphical user interfaces.
Stages of a typical power system integration project:
- System architecture design
- Equipment selection
- Control system hardware / software
- Operator interface hardware / software
- Control panels assembly
- Programming and testing
- PLC, HMI, SCADA
- LV & MV drives and soft starters
- Site work
- Project management
- Start-up, commissioning
- Support contracts
- Guaranteed response
Technical- & Commercial Support
Europe & North Africa
Tel.: +31 (0)74 - 246 40 10
Fax: +31 (0)74 - 246 40 25
Eaton Electric MME LLC
Esnaad Offshore Base, Musaffah
Abu Dhabi, UAE 42278
tel: +971 2 5554-9554
Product Manager Services
Europe, Middle East, Africa
Europalaan 202, 7559 SC
Postbus 23, 7550 AA
Hengelo, the Netherlands
tel: +31 74 246 4558